Every trip is well, like a trip. A hit of adrenaline - a different context - memorable experiences among little observations and interactions. Unlike a hit, the good ones bump up your own growth curve ever so slightly so that your trajectory in life is forever altered - ever so slightly.
That’s why I love traveling (and that’s why those long weekends never seem very satisfying - they are limited by the bounds of your imagination as they are always at best only what they purport to be).
Just got back from Paris and here are my slight alterations:
- Do all the things I would do in NYC if I visited NYC as I did Paris
- Savor those long meals
- Try to appreciate every human interaction. Saying ‘bonjour’ and ‘au revoir’ to every shop owner feels nice, and so much more normal than not.
To my friends who’ve received that email of all the things I want to do soon, let’s go!
9 Notes/ Hide
- swalloworms likes this
- illbeyourbrooklyn reblogged this from corywest
- lightinglove likes this
- explicitthoughtsofthemind reblogged this from joshuanguyen
- evanghelik likes this
- corywest reblogged this from joshuanguyen
- andrew likes this
- joshuanguyen reblogged this from christenduong
- fbkrmr reblogged this from christenduong
- christenduong posted this